ISA is a heads’ association, founding member of the Independent Schools Council and registered charity, whose Members are head teachers or principals of independent schools, or Honorary Members who serve the sector - i.e. schools where the headteacher has been elected to full membership of the Association.
All Members and their schools share a desire to meet fully the needs of the young people in their care, treating everyone as individuals and providing a high-quality and personalised education. They encourage pupils to make the most of their talents, building confidence through academic achievement and offering a wide range of extra-curricular opportunities.
ISA exists for its Members, recognising that high quality support is essential if Heads are to run successful schools.
Our Head Teacher was admitted into membership in June 2019.
The ISA website says "we work with Heads from 559 of the best accredited schools across the UK and beyond to:-
- provide the highest quality information and advice, immediately responding to the needs of our Members in areas such as HR, legal, inspection, curriculum
- promote support networks and fellowship regionally, nationally and internationally, including our seven thriving ISA Areas around the country
- provide enrichment opportunities for pupils in Area and National Competitions for Sport, Drama and the Arts, at world-leading venues such as the London Olympic Park
- arrange high-quality conferences and professional development courses to foster excellence in education
- promote initiatives and provide access to a wide range of member services and resources
- influence educational debate on behalf of our Members, promoting independence and choice"
To find out more about ISA schools, please visit the ISA website https://www.isaschools.org.uk/
As part of ISA membership, NRPS is also part of a wider family of Independent Schools comprising the Independent Schools Council (ISC) https://www.isc.co.uk/about-isc/
Nancy Reuben Primary School is inspected by the Independent Schools Inspectorate. More about ISI can be found here https://www.isi.net/
January 2020 - Congratulations to our Year 5 pupil whose poetry entry made it into the final 3 of the ISA Poetry Competition (Junior) judged by performance poet and playwright @JosephACoelho who tweeted that it was "wonderful reading all the brilliant entries inspired by #IfAllTheWorldWere."